Wednesday, June 25, 2008

8 days and counting...

Waiting is one of those things I try to teach my kids whenever we are in line somewhere, whether it is the grocery store, department store, or even the library. Waiting is one of those things every individual on earth does. Waiting is one of those traits learned the hard way. For the most part, I do not mind waiting. But...this waiting...counting down the days until departure...this type of waiting is qualitatively different. It is like waiting for the sun to break after a cloudy day. So, this waiting has reminded me of waiting for an opportunity for service.

Serving does not have to wait. It can be today.

Right now.

So, although much remains to be done, waiting is a good thing. While waiting, I can pray. I read part of a book called The Ten Second Prayer. You can pray any day, any time, for any thing. Who knows? This could be the prayer that changes a life. So, pray.

Pray for peace in the land. Pray for my pastor and his wife. Pray for myself to have a clean heart and a right spirit. Pray for salvation for the children. Pray the famine is lifted in South Africa. Pray that our words may touch children's hearts, as I know they will touch ours. Pray that we have a safe journey. Pray for the missionaries that do this daily. Pray for the individuals supporting us. Pray for our families that remain behind.

I could go on and on. Hopefully you get the idea, so take a moment right now to pray for one of these things or one of your own requests.

Did you? Thank you.

In Revelation 5:8, it tells of the prayers of the saints are offered up before the Lamb (Jesus) . Your prayers may seem at times unheard, yet scripture tells us they are not. God's ways are not our ways.

Think on these things.

God bless.


Sam

No comments: