Tuesday, July 8, 2008

HERE AT LAST!!!

Well we finally made it to Swaziland yesterday. The drive didn't seem that long cause my brother and sister (Bethany and Kyle) and I were having a lot of fun on the long car ride there. Today we came to New Life and boy I was in for a suprise!!! There were so many kids then I expected, and all of them are staring at you. The weird thing is that many of these kids are about the same age as me because I am 14. So if you think it is awkward to teach someone who can't understand half the things you are saying, try to have most of the kids be the same age as you and that problem at the same time!!! Something that was also very interesting is that the names of all the kids there. I can only pronounce a hand full of then and those are Faith, Sarah, and Austin. All the other names are so hard to pronounce that I'll show you some...Sijabulile, Banele, Ceiumusa, Sibahi, Wakhile, Sibonelo, and Derrik. Try so say some of those names, and some even have a clicky sound to them too!!! Today our group tried to teach the 5th and 6th graders to knit, crochet, and sew. There was problems with the manual sewing machine, and at the end of the day we had 5 of the 10 sewing machines still working.
After school we let the kids who live at the school draw, and play with different games from the container that was sent here by you guys. They had fun playing with Candyland, Sorry (every minute you would here kids saying "SORRY"), Pirate Island, and another game that I forgot. The kids also gave me and Bethany all of their drawings to keep. One person even drew me!!! (I don't know if that's a good thing or bad if you look at the picture). Well we are having lots of fun here sharing about Jesus' love.

Keep praying for our health and that we trust in the lord in eveything that we do. :D


-Amanda Shimoda

1 comment:

Connie Gohata said...

All of you on the team: We are praying for you each day and hope that all is well.

God is good and I believe that each road block is an opportunity for God to work to point you in a different or new direction. Sometimes that's a new adventure.

We here are happy that you have this blog - I finally heard from Phil in the Philippines on Friday - They left on Sunday night! and then they went to an island with no easy communication for 3 days. They don't have a blog - or even a computer or internet (that I know of).

May God continue to bless each of you and especially blessings for all the people you touch in Swaziland.

~~Connie Gohata