Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Swaziland is Pretty Fun!:)

Hi. This is Bethany Shimoda writing a blog for the first time.:D So, today is July, 8, 2008, obviously, and it is around 9:30. Today, I helped teach the 5th and 6th graders how to sew backpacks. I also played with, drew a few pictures with, and took many, many, many pictures with the kids at the school. These kids at the school are so wonderful and kind; they all want to be your friend. All you have to do is smile, wave, and say hi to someone, and they will become your new best friend. O, guess what, I helped cheer up a little preschool girl because she was crying and so I helped her find her grandma. She was so cute! Anyways, ya, the kids are so great. Many of them, especially the little ones, come up to you and follow you and just stare at you till you notice them and become their friend. I've never seen people so outgoing and kind. So the oldest kid at the school is around my age, 16 years old, and their grades go from preschool to 6th grade. The grade doen't go by age like in America, but it goes by how smart you are and how much you can handle. O ya, right now we are tearing off the lables from the quilts and replacing them with new ones, which is taking us a long time. We are also gathering all of the donation items like TY Beanie Babies, tooth brushes, all the quilts(when we finish), socks, and much more that I can't really remember right now. O ya, I just want to say, I'm soooooooooooooo glad that I am able to have this oportunity to serve the Lord, spend time with the kids, make new friends, and get to know my team members better. I really encourage everyone who is reading this to think about maybe considering going on a missions trip in the future. You have no idea how it is like till you actually experience it. It is fantastic! And I LOVE it! I hope to do another mission's trip in the future. So tomorrow, we are going to do a VBS for the kids at New Life. Amanda and I will be helping lead worship 3 times and acting a skit 3 times. I amd totally going to loose my voice. haha, o well. So, please continue to pray for us for what ever you think of like keeping our health and strengh after every busy day staying up till, really late. Also pray for safe car trips on the other side of the car and the other side of the road compared to America. Also pray that we can remember the really difficult names of the kids. Ya, so please pray for those things and what ever you can think of. O ya, for my close friends and brothers and sisters, I'm not really alowed to do shout outs on these blogs, so, you know who you are! Thank you again for supporting us and I really can't wait to write again. O, I also can't wait till I get back home and tell you all about my trip and show you all of the pictures! Well, I'll see you later. I LOVE YOU GUYS! AND I LOVE THE LORD!:D BYE!:D

No comments: